How It Works
At the end of successfully completing the course, you will:
- Possess the knowledge of how adults learn, how learning styles impact learning, and how to best help others learn.
- Know the keys to preparing a course, involving your participants, and leading a discussion.
- Get the most advanced, how-to tips and techniques on presenting, using audio-visuals, and other learning tools.
- Have an understanding of how use the web in face-to-face courses, how to develop continual improvement of one’s teaching, and how learning and teaching will be different in the 21st century.
- To provide an understanding of how adults learn, and the characteristics of adults that impact their learning
- To address the issue of learning styles, including sensory, generational and neurological learning styles
- To provide information on both the fundamentals of good teaching, and advanced techniques
- To give participants strategies for preparing in-person courses, teaching face-to-face courses and improving one’s teaching.
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It’s easy. It’s fun.
How the Certificate Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
- Access the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each day.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self-quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.
The Discussion for each Unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will log into the Discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments, and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
We encourage you to make 2-3 comments each day to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Certificate in Teaching Adults
- Sep 8 – Oct 30