How It Works
• You will be able to utilize legal terminology and reasoning appropriately
• You will be able to perform legal office duties and procedures
• You will be able to apply theoretical knowledge for the purpose of research and writing
• You will possess fundamental knowledge and skills needed to work in a legal office
• To have an elementary understanding of the court system and how it relates to the operation of a legal office
• To obtain current knowledge and competencies in the practice of legal office administration
• To focus on practical skills and methodology in order to improve productivity, prevent crisis and promote better time management
• To encourage continuing professional development
• To increase career options as a result of enhancing knowledge, skills and performance
• To promote familiarity with legal research sources, tools and basic techniques of legal and logical reasoning
• To be better able to write clearly and concisely in order to effectively communicate with other parties
About Online Learning
Online learning is a fun, enjoyable and very productive way to learn. Millions of people are learning online each year. You will engage with the instructor and other participants. You will get to know your instructor and other participants. You may make friends. It's easy. It's fun.
How the Course Works
It is easy to participate in your online course. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access. Once inside the online classroom, here's what you can expect.
What You Will Do
For each Unit, you will:
Read the print readings (about 20 pages a week)
Have the option of accessing the online readings
Listen to the audio presentation for the Unit and view the slides
Have the option of taking a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
For best learning, you should make one or more comments at 2-3 different times each week.
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review again, at your convenience.
Participate When You Want
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For the best learning, participants should log into the course on 2-3 different days of the week.